About the crazy.....

My photo
GA, United States
Just a southern gal from Georgia who has a real problem with baking. And by problem I mean, I can't help myself! :D I am married to the love of my life, he puts up with me so well! I am mother to the most adorable, yet tough little boy. And mother to a most beautiful full of attitude, little girl. I can't forget about our 4-legged family members! Our terrier Lucy, Our Great Dane Milo, our mutty mutt Ellie and our cats Abbey and Sammy! I LOVE to bake and I am trying to start up my own cupcakery. I love vintage anything! My blog started out as a blog for my cupcakes, now it has turned into an everyday into the life of "ME" blog. Life is not perfect and wonderful all the time, you will hear me gripe, bahahaha, it isn't all cupcakes. Just a heads up per say. :D Hope your reading experience is enjoyable! And please be sure to comment, follow, and grab my button!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Our 4th of July!

For some reason, this 4th of July was so emotional for me, I can't even begin to explain. The day started out fantastic, couple of crying kids, a few choice words between the husband and dogs, and of course ME baking like a mad-woman. Multiple trips to the store for coolers, ice, drinks, sparklers, anything we could think of. The fun part was trekking it all up to the, 1/2 mile away, football field where the festivities were taking place.

  Now don't get me wrong, it is such fun, and the time you get to spend with your family and friends is priceless. But that damn trip up to the priceless moments, will kill you! I am not a marathon runner, but I do workout, but toting 2 kids, 6 pillows, 2 blankets, 2 coolers, chairs, bags of food, and cupcakes that "BETTER NOT GET TIPPED OvER SO HELP ME", was a smidge much. Once we arrived, it was all golden tickets and rainbows. Set up camp and begun.

  We took the kids over to the bouncy houses, which I was NOT waiting in that huge line for, then over to the face painting tent. My little ladybug wanted a ladybug and my little man wanted a big snake, on the sides of their faces. They wore them with pride, After little ladybug, had to have hers re-done twice! :) Ran into a bunch of friends, then had to "Fetch" my brothers and help them to our spot. I really enjoyed our picnic with everyone and the 1/2 case of cokes I threw back. My diet has never been so off, although I counter-acted the cokes with, a turkey sandwich!

  We had a billion sparklers, thanks to our great neighbor, and we lit a few boxes. Of course I captured a bunch of photos, some that were not quite,  up to photography par. But others that were so beautiful. You know that I could not go without goodies, I took red, white, and blue cupcakes, peanut butter bars, and cookies too. Everyone, kids anyways, were set for sugar overload! And trust me when I say, that is exactly what happened, times 10.

  The sun was going down and we all snuggled down into our chairs, laps, blankets and pillows. Fireworks started and that was it, ladybug, was not having it! :) I figured this year she would be big enough to enjoy, instead she sat in my lap with her hand over one of her eyes "not watching", yet commenting on the pink ones.

  My camera died 1/3 of the way through the fireworks which stinks because, afterwards when everyone is in a mad dash to leave, we stay and play soccer, football, Frisbee, and tag. It is so much fun and at times, I feel that this time, is the best time of all. :) I hope everyone had a great 4th! Thank you to all who serve our country and lay their lives on the line for our freedom!

WARNING: LOTS OF PHOTOS AND A vIDEO DOWN BELOW!! :)




2 comments:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like you all had a great day :)

Duane Scott said...

I'm not sure you and I can be friends. You see, you have cupcakes plastered all over your site.

End of story.

But wait. Hand me a cupcake first.

And that fancy looking spare tire I can wear around my waist. :)