About the crazy.....

My photo
GA, United States
Just a southern gal from Georgia who has a real problem with baking. And by problem I mean, I can't help myself! :D I am married to the love of my life, he puts up with me so well! I am mother to the most adorable, yet tough little boy. And mother to a most beautiful full of attitude, little girl. I can't forget about our 4-legged family members! Our terrier Lucy, Our Great Dane Milo, our mutty mutt Ellie and our cats Abbey and Sammy! I LOVE to bake and I am trying to start up my own cupcakery. I love vintage anything! My blog started out as a blog for my cupcakes, now it has turned into an everyday into the life of "ME" blog. Life is not perfect and wonderful all the time, you will hear me gripe, bahahaha, it isn't all cupcakes. Just a heads up per say. :D Hope your reading experience is enjoyable! And please be sure to comment, follow, and grab my button!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

1,000 Cookies

  To those of you who can't live without reading my blog everyday, all 1 of you, ME. :) I am going to be pretty busy until Wednesday. I might blog, I might not. Wait, who am I kidding, I will stay up til the wee hours to catch up on blogging with you all. But just in case I don't, I have a good reason, honest.
  
  My church has asked me to make cookies for, the parents who will be dropping off their kids, for vacation Bible School! To give you a ballpark, I have to make 1,000 cookies, 250 a day for 4 days! Now, that is just for the parents dropping off their children, so you know our church is pretty big. I am so glad they thought of me, but honestly, I don't do cookies.

  My sugar cookie recipe, is adapted and made into my own, from Amanda's over at I Am Baker. Now they are delicious, but 1,000 of them! Whew. Talk about busy, the only cookies I have made have been maybe 30 at the most, and they were for my kids and get togethers. ONE THOUSAND!?!? Boy did I put my foot it in. I am so grateful for this opportunity, but I have my little home kitchen oven, and literally 2 cookie sheets!

  Which by the way, one looks horrible {but it rocks!} and the other is banged up and scratched from sledding on it! HAHA. Ok, well I am off to make 25 batches, 40 cookies each, hopefully I won't drown in cookie dough! :) I need my twin sister, she is starting her own cookie business, Cookies by Cherie, and I am starting cupcakes and cakes, Kuppy Kakes by Kristin. Great minds think alike I guess!

Although, I must admit, I am kind of giddy about it. When all is said and done, that is one more, big thing, I can put 'under my belt'! After all, you have to start somewhere, my somewhere just happened to be a sugar cookie. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sugar cookies used to be my favorite. Then I discovered snickerdoodles. But now...now my obsession is red velvet cookies. Yum! Good luck with all the baking!

Shopper Gal said...

Kristin those sound sooo yummers!! Thanks oodles for stopping by my blog today! I'm following you thru Google reader!

Shopper Gal

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

Wow! Good luck!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ok I won't complain about making a few dozen every few weeks for the new people at church. Holy moly my dear!

New follower :)

Jocelyn said...

wow! that is a lot of cookies...but what a fun endeavor and ministry:-)