About the crazy.....

My photo
GA, United States
Just a southern gal from Georgia who has a real problem with baking. And by problem I mean, I can't help myself! :D I am married to the love of my life, he puts up with me so well! I am mother to the most adorable, yet tough little boy. And mother to a most beautiful full of attitude, little girl. I can't forget about our 4-legged family members! Our terrier Lucy, Our Great Dane Milo, our mutty mutt Ellie and our cats Abbey and Sammy! I LOVE to bake and I am trying to start up my own cupcakery. I love vintage anything! My blog started out as a blog for my cupcakes, now it has turned into an everyday into the life of "ME" blog. Life is not perfect and wonderful all the time, you will hear me gripe, bahahaha, it isn't all cupcakes. Just a heads up per say. :D Hope your reading experience is enjoyable! And please be sure to comment, follow, and grab my button!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Where o' where has my little blog been?

  It has been a hot minute, or at least it feels like it, since I have last posted. So much has been going on in my little world these past few days. First off, my little ladybug is feeling 75% better, no more rash or fever! WOO-HEW! She still isn't sleeping well, which means, I'm not either. :) Secondly, I hope every ones Father's Day was great! We made cookies and a cake for my husband and we bought him some brand new golf clubs! It was pretty exciting. I am sad to say though, with as much going on with ladybug, I COMPLETELY forgot to call my Father on Monday, his birthday! Horrible daughter I am.

   Called him on Father's Day and we spoke about his birthday, and then didn't even call him on his actual birthday! I will make it up to him next year with his 50th-- this means black icing for sure! :) This blog entry is going to be kind of all over the place, so hang on! My hubs received a lovely parking ticket, which actually was a very expensive "moving violation", for being parked in front of our OWN HOUSE! Seriously?! Unbelievable. And for the biggest drama in my life right now, I am just infuriated with this whole situation. How can you be such close and great friends with someone and help them through a crisis, just to have it thrown back in your face, and told that your friendship is disposable??

  I have no idea about how anyone else is, but that to me is inexcusable, we southern women do not treat people like that! I am not equipped, mentally, for such betrayal. Yes, it happens, and it wasn't the first. And I probably could have handled it better than I had, but come on! Are you kidding me? After everything I have ever done for you and your kids, and this is how you show appreciation? UGH. Some people have no tact, and for her "husband" to text me saying that I was a crappy friend?!?! HELLO! I took care of her when you left?! How would you know how good of a friend I am?! Had to vent, hurts actually.
 
  On to the next thing. As a woman, a southern one at that, I feel like dresses are a part of every day living. (Or at least once a month) But this southern gal does NOT do dresses. Not until recently, I have been buying a different dress or two for the past 3 weeks, what is wrong with me?! And between you and I, I actually love them! People, especially the elderly, always tell me how I have such an old soul. I never quite understood what they meant until a few years ago. If I had a previous life, it definitely would have been in the 30's..... Although, with my rebellious ways and smart mouth, maybe I lived in the 60's as well, burned a couple bras and all. HA HA.

  But I think that people are surprised to know that when I worked at Kroger, I LOVED senior citizen day! Most of them knew me very well, and I was like a granddaughter to most, and I absolutely adore older people. Everything about them, the way they dress, their stories from long ago, their memories and keepsakes. LOVE. I can get lost in antique stores for HOURS. Oh and lets not forget my deep love with the music. Something about the music captures me. I love anything from Frankie, and Deano, and Miss Ella, as well as Billie Holiday and John Coltrane, and Rosemary Clooney, The Andrews Sisters, Michael Buble (not from back then, but love), Miles Davis, I could keep going, but I won't. Their music is just fantastic, I love it, and thank goodness it is rubbing off on my kids. Now don't get me wrong, I love new music as well. Love love Muse, Foals, Damien Rice, Maroon 5, Kesha, Chris Botti, Thom Yorke, Band of Skulls, Swell Season, Flyleaf, Toby Mac.... A TON MORE!

  We are a very musical family! My grandmother was having a yard sale one weekend and I drove over to help her. She had the most plain and simple, yet beautiful dress, so I took it home. Well, I tried it on and it fit so well, then I had to button up near my boobs, and HA! No way. I called her up and she told me that she wasn't as skinny as I was at that age, but her boobs were not as big as mine. So hopefully on my new found diet and exercise kick, I will lose an inch or two! I would love to pair it with some baby pink pumps and a baby pink belt... or red. Classic.

  The 4th of July is coming up and I am decorating my house for it. Yes, I am one of those women who strives to decorate for every holiday, makes the home homier. :D And today I am prepping some sugar cookie dough for cookies and making some cupcakes! Some of these cookies are going to be sprinkled with sugar and baked, and others frosted with frosting and royal icing. Cupcake are strictly just "for show", doing something plain and cute. If you guys are not familiar with my Flickr, I have posted it below, as well as my FB and Twitter. :) Well, I hope you guys have a wonderfully great day and I have to clean house and prep for the litter of rescues we are getting this weekend! Can you imagine, a house full of Great Dane puppies! I cannot wait! Milo, our Dane, he will not know what to think. :)
Spreading love and Cupcakes!


"Twitter Page"







No comments: