About the crazy.....

My photo
GA, United States
Just a southern gal from Georgia who has a real problem with baking. And by problem I mean, I can't help myself! :D I am married to the love of my life, he puts up with me so well! I am mother to the most adorable, yet tough little boy. And mother to a most beautiful full of attitude, little girl. I can't forget about our 4-legged family members! Our terrier Lucy, Our Great Dane Milo, our mutty mutt Ellie and our cats Abbey and Sammy! I LOVE to bake and I am trying to start up my own cupcakery. I love vintage anything! My blog started out as a blog for my cupcakes, now it has turned into an everyday into the life of "ME" blog. Life is not perfect and wonderful all the time, you will hear me gripe, bahahaha, it isn't all cupcakes. Just a heads up per say. :D Hope your reading experience is enjoyable! And please be sure to comment, follow, and grab my button!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ruffle Cake 1- Me 0

Well I have been very interested in trying to make the Ruffle Cake I had seen on Amanda's Blog "i am Baker". Well today was the day! Note to self and others, make sure your frosting is thick enough. Oh and... be patient! ;)


First make your cakes and cut them in half:
Next, start your crumb coat; {this does not have to look perfect at all!}

Once you are done with your crumb coat, freeze for 5-10 minutes. Remove, and crumb coat again... {the only reason I did this twice was because I was using two different frostings inside, vanilla and chocolate}
Next, freeze for another 5 minutes.
While it is in the freezer, put your tip #103 into your piping bag and fill with frosting.
With the smaller end facing out and the larger end slightly touching the cake, squeeze out frosting in a straight line and then move it back and fourth until you reach the top.

Once finished, ENJOY! But take some pics, I would love to see them!
Here is mine, oddly enough, something happened and it was on that plate for no longer than 2 minutes. ;)

3 comments:

jayedee said...

well, for what it's worth...i think its lovely!

Lizzie Barbie said...

Oh my God My mouth is watering. I really want to try your cake!

Jacqueline said...

Not only gorgeous on the outside but mouthwatering on the inside! I love the ruffle cake done in chocolate!